Buy Fumed Silicas – Anti-Caking and Flow Agent
MegaChem (UK) Ltd is able to offer a comprehensive range of Fumed Silica products to suit a wide variety of applications. Many of these products are stocked in the UK and are available for standard or express delivery. TDS, SDS and samples will be made available on request.
We can provide technical advice and can supply the products in bulk or smaller amounts if required.
Applications and Uses:
Fumed silica is used primarily as a rheology modifier and/or reinforcing agent.
- In Decorative or Industrial paints and coatings, fumed silica can be used to control both in-can and application viscosities.
- In animal feeds and agrochemicals they can be used as carriers for active components.
- In powders they can also be used as anti-caking agents or to improve flow properties.
- In Inks and overprint varnishes, fumed silica is used to control rheology, reduce surface gloss levels and offer improved anti-blocking to maximise print speeds.
- In Rubbers, Sealants and Adhesives, again fumed silica can be used to add reinforcement as well as increase viscosity.
- In cosmetics the light diffusing properties of fumed silica offer significant benefits.
- Other applications include fillers in insulating panels and adsorbent in cat litter.
These are just a few of the applications that we can help you with, if you can’t see what you are looking for, please call us on + 44 (0) 1291 422747 and one of our technical team can help you.
What are Fumed Silicas?
Fumed silicas are produced by flame pyrolysis of SiCl4 (Silicon Tetrachloride), resulting in ultrafine particles of amorphous silica that bind together to form agglomerates of various sizes and shapes. The resultant powder can be surface treated to modify the surface reactivity. Available in both hydrophilic and hydrophobic grades, fumed silicas lend themselves to a wide variety of applications. Control of surface area of the particles allows for different levels of adsorption and so different levels of influence on rheology can be achieved. As with amorphous silica, fumed silica is also used as reinforcing agents in elastomers.
Contact Us for Information and Samples
Please call us on + 44 (0) 1291 422747 or contact us for more information.
All products supplied by MegaChem (UK) Ltd comply fully with REACH and CLP legislation.