PE, oxidised PE and PP waxes, Montan wax and Micronized Waxes
MegaChem (UK) Ltd is able to offer a comprehensive range of waxes to suit a wide variety of applications. Many of these products are stocked in the UK and are available for standard or express delivery. TDS, SDS and samples will be made available on request.
Applications and Uses:
Industrial applications make use of the hydrophobicity of the wax for many applications. For example:
- Waterproof coatings, such as shoe waxes, furniture polishes or leather creams.
- In Auto Refinishing, waxes are selected to add shine and resilience to finished paints.
- In Rubber and Plastic, waxes aid in pigment dispersion and lubrication, both internal and external during processing.
- Waxes are also used in wood coatings.
- In Roadmarking paints waxes are used to modify the flow characteristics to aid application.
- Surface modifiers for Inks and Industrial and Decorative coatings.
These are just a few of the applications that we can help you with, if you can’t see what you are looking for, please call us on + 44 (0) 1291 422747 and one of our technical team can help you.
What are Waxes?
Waxes come in many variations, from natural products such as beeswax, carnauba wax or montan wax to synthetic waxes such as polyethylene waxes or paraffin waxes. Overall, they are soft, solid products at room temperature that melt at relatively low temperatures to form very low viscosity liquids. Hydrophobic in nature, they are usually soluble in organic, non-polar solvents.
Contact Us for Information and Samples
Please call us on + 44 (0) 1291 422747 or contact us for more information.
All products supplied by MegaChem UK Ltd comply fully with REACH and CLP legislation.