Many naturally occurring ingredients are destroyed during the intense process functional ingredients that is modern beverage production. At MegaChem (UK), we have a range of to aid in the production of beverages including:
- Acids – Acids are used as additives to enhance flavours within beverages. Due to their pH level, some acids may also be used as a natural preservative.
- Antioxidants – Produced in human bodies and found in foods they help defend your cells from damage caused by harmful molecules know as free radicals. Used in soft drinks and beverages offering shelf life extension keeping food fresher for longer.
- Beta Carotene – Extracted from plants and fruits and is a natural food colouring.
- Bulking agents – Bulking agents may be used in beverage processing to increase volume and reduce the number of calories in the product.
- Emulsifiers – Emulsifiers are used to incorporate different flavours, colours and ingredients into beverages. As some of these ingredients are oil based, emulsifiers are used to deliver oils and ensure a stable product.
- Extracts – As well as giving flavour to the beverage, natural extracts may be used to improve the nutritional value of the product.
- Lycopene – As well as being a powerful Antioxidant Extracted from Tomatoes it has the added benefit as a vegan colouring agent replacing carmine made from cochineal (beetles).
- Nutraceuticals – Nutraceuticals are products derived from food sources that are purported to provide extra health benefits, in addition to the basic nutritional value found in foods.
- Processing aids – Our range of processing aids for soft drink and beverage manufacturing perform a number of applications including extending shelf life, preventing microbe growth and improving nutritional value without impacting on product quality.
- Stabilisers – Stabilisers are used in beverages for a number of reasons including enhancing flavour release, ensuring the stability of the product, extending shelf life and optimising pulp suspension in fruit juices.
- Sterols – Plant sterols resemble cholesterol so may help limit the amount of cholesterol entering the body. Used in Breakfast cereals, spreads, dairy drinks, yogurts and yogurt drinks.
- Sweeteners – Sweeteners are used as an alternative to sugar to reduce calories in drinks without impacting on the flavour profile. Using sweeteners can also help in making products exempt from the ‘sugar tax’.
- Others – Other functional ingredients we supply for beverage manufacturing include propylene glycol, vanillin, citrus oils, cloudifying agents and more.
Functional ingredients for Soft Drinks & Beverages
If you’d like to find out more or request samples of any of our functional ingredients for soft drinks and beverages, get in touch with one of our specialists today on +44 (0) 1291 422747 or fill out a contact form and we’ll get back to you.