Efficient production of a consistently high-quality and safe product is key in meat and fish processing plants. At MegaChem (UK), we provide a range of food-grade chemicals for use in these environments:
- Extracts – As well as flavouring, some extracts can be used to control microbes within meat and fish products.
- Preservatives – Preservatives are used to prevent oxidation during production and extend the shelf life of meat and fish products.
- Stabilisers – Stabilisers are used for a number of reasons including improving yield, increasing shelf life, cutting production costs and improving freezing stability without impacting on the quality of the product.
- Sweeteners – Sweeteners are used as opposed to sugar in meat and fish products to enhance flavour.
- Texturizers – Texturizers may be used in the production of meat and fish to retain water, improve softness, reduce fat and reduce yield cost.
- Others – Other chemicals we supply for the manufacture of meat and fish include amino acid, aroma chemicals, DHA, MSG, spice oils and more.
Functional ingredients for Meat and Fish
If you’d like to request more information or samples of any of our functional ingredients for meat and fish, get in touch with one of our specialist team today on +44 (0) 1291 422747 or fill out a contact form and we’ll get back to you.