Carbon Blacks – Pigment and Structural Grades Available
MegaChem (UK) Ltd is able to offer a comprehensive range of carbon black grades to suit a wide variety of applications. We can provide technical advice and can supply the products in bulk or smaller amounts if required. Many of these products are stocked in the UK and are available for standard or express delivery. TDS, SDS and samples will be made available on request.
Applications and Uses:
- Adhesives and Sealants are coloured using carbon black and again conductive grades are occasionally used.
- Roadmarking paints can be produced for temporary or permanent covering of existing markings.
- Inks can be produced to meet varying demands in terms of application method or resulting product characteristics.
- Automotive and Construction industries also find use for carbon blacks, again from colouring and tinting products to conductive surfaces.
- Composites and Plastics markets carbon blacks are used extensively.
- Food Packaging – Specific grades are available to meet strict guidelines in respect of food contact for packaging applications or beyond.
These are just a few of the applications that we can help you with, if you can’t see what you are looking for, please call us on + 44 (0) 1291 422747 and one of our technical team can help you.
What are Carbon Blacks?
Carbon blacks are fundamentally the result of the incomplete combustion of hydrocarbon products. The resultant powders agglomerate to form particles of varying sizes and structure, both of which are critical in the selection of the most appropriate grade for an application.
Carbon blacks are produced as powders, beads and even blocks and can be used for many different applications, from filtration, adsorption, colouring, tinting, reinforcing, filling or adding conductivity to a product. Pigment blacks are usually produced by either a gas furnace or an oil (coal tar or crude) furnace method, whereas rubber blacks are generally produced by the oil furnace method.
Tighter controls over the quality of the pigment blacks leads to higher pricing, but significantly better reproducibility of jetness, tone, fluidity and dispersibility.
Contact Us for Information and Samples
Please call us on + 44 (0) 1291 422747 or contact us for more information.
All products supplied by MegaChem (UK) Ltd comply fully with REACH and CLP legislation.