MegaChem (UK) Ltd is able to offer a comprehensive range of Bentonites products to suit a wide variety of applications. Many of these products are stocked in the UK and are available for standard or express delivery. TDS, SDS and samples will be made available on request.
We can provide technical advice and can supply the products in bulk or smaller amounts if required.
Applications and Uses:
Applications for bentonites are manifold, though they are fundamentally rheology modifiers. Here are some examples of their uses:
- In Decorative and Industrial paints and coatings as well as Roadmarking Paints and Inks, bentonites are used to modify viscosity.
- In Oil and Gas drilling, bentonites are used as a lubricant for the drill head and to back-fill wells avoiding collapse and maintain well head pressure.
- In Construction, they are used to produce slurries to help stabilise trench excavations.
- In Landfill – They can also be used to line excavations as a water barrier or as an anti-leach barrier where contaminants are to introduced to the excavation area such as in landfill sites.
- Other applications include use as an absorbent in cat litter material or as a filter medium on wine making. A small volume of bentonite added to a casting sand also helps as a binder to keep definition within the mould.
These are just a few of the applications that we can help you with, if you can’t see what you are looking for, please call us on + 44 (0) 1291 422747 and one of our technical team can help you.
What are Bentonites?
Bentonites are fundamentally naturally occurring aluminium phyllosilicate clays, sometimes called organoclays, which have a tendency to be very absorbent. This absorbent nature offers many applications for bentonite clays. The clays are usually named after the major constituent, for example Calcium Bentonite or Sodium Bentonite. After extraction from the ground, the clays will be treated with a variety of surface treatments to modify the way that they react with other elements. The absorbent nature of these clays can be changed to be more or less reactive depending upon the nature of the solvent that they absorb. There are a many different bentonite clays available.
Please call us on + 44 (0) 1291 422747 or contact us for more information..
All products supplied by MegaChem (UK) Ltd comply fully with REACH and CLP legislation.