Many naturally occurring ingredients are destroyed during the intense process that is modern beverage production. At MegaChem (UK), we have a range of food-grade chemicals to aid in the production of beverages including:
- Acids – Acids are used as additives to enhance flavours within beverages. Due to their pH level, some acids may also be used as a natural preservative.
- Sweeteners – Sweeteners are used as an alternative to sugar to reduce calories in drinks without impacting on the flavour profile. Using sweeteners can also help in making products exempt from the ‘sugar tax’.
- Nutraceuticals – Nutraceuticals are products derived from food sources that are purported to provide extra health benefits, in addition to the basic nutritional value found in foods.
- Emulsifiers – Emulsifiers are used to incorporate different flavours, colours and ingredients into beverages. As some of these ingredients are oil based, emulsifiers are used to deliver oils and ensure a stable product.
- Stabilisers – Stabilisers are used in beverages for a number of reasons including enhancing flavour release, ensuring the stability of the product, extending shelf life and optimising pulp suspension in fruit juices.
- Extracts – As well as giving flavour to the beverage, natural extracts may be used to improve the nutritional value of the product.
- Processing aids – Our range of processing aids for soft drink and beverage manufacturing perform a number of applications including extending shelf life, preventing microbe growth and improving nutritional value without impacting on product quality.
- Bulking agents – Bulking agents may be used in beverage processing to increase volume and reduce the number of calories in the product.
- Others – Other chemicals we supply for beverage manufacturing include propylene glycol, vanillin, citrus oils, cloudifying agents and more.
Wholesale Chemicals for Soft Drinks & Beverages
If you’d like to find out more or request samples of any of our food-grade chemicals for soft drinks and beverages, get in touch with one of our specialists today on +44 (0) 1291 422747 or fill out a contact form and we’ll get back to you.