Chemicals are essential in the manufacture of confectionary items including ice cream, sweet, jellies and jams. These products are often manufactured in vast quantities and have very long shelf lives. At MegaChem (UK), we provide a range of food-grade chemicals for use in confectionary items including:
- Acids – Acids and acidulants are most commonly used to create different flavour profiles within products, they may also be used as a natural
- Sweeteners – Sweeteners are most commonly used in confectionary products to keep sugar content down. These sweeteners can reduce the calorie content of products by up to 75%.
- Emulsifiers – Emulsifiers are used in confectionery products to promote greater product stability, something that’s essential for consistent quality in industrial food manufacture.
- Stabilisers – Stabilisers are added to products to improve stability, heat resistance, stiffness and more. For example, in jellies, jams and sweets, stabilisers are used to thicken the product without making them stiff or hard.
- Extracts – Extracts are used to provide flavouring to the many different variations of sweets, ice creams, jellies and jams that are available.
- Bulking agents – Bulking agents are used to increase the mass or volume of confectionary products without the need for natural sugars.
- Preservatives – Preservatives are what keeps the shelf life of confectionary products so long.
- Others – Other chemicals we supply that are commonly used in confectionery manufacture include aroma chemicals, vanillin, glycerine and more.
Wholesale Chemicals for Confectionary Manufacture
If you’re running a commercial manufacturing operation for ice creams, sweets, jellies and jams, our products can help improve efficiency and product quality. To find out more or request a sample, call one of our expert team on +44 (0) 1291 422747 or fill out a contact form and we’ll get back to you.