Buy Polyisocyanates for Polyurethane Castings and Coatings
MegaChem (UK) Ltd is able to offer a comprehensive range of Polyisocyanates to suit a wide variety of applications. We can provide technical advice and can supply the products in bulk or smaller amounts if required. Many of these products are stocked in the UK and are available for standard or express delivery. TDS, SDS and samples will be made available on request.
Applications and Uses:
Polyisocyanates are used in many industries to produce Polyurethane castings and coatings. Here are just some of the applications we can help you with:
- adhesives and sealants with significant abrasive and chemical resistance and a range of hardnesses.
- Automotive paints and coatings, the tough nature of a Polyurethane base is very important, as it is in the casting of industrial wheels.
- Foaming and non-foaming Polyurethane Adhesives and Sealants are used in a wide range of industries including automotive, Construction and general assembly.
- Modern automotive brushes and components such as wing mirrors or bumpers are cast from Polyurethane.
- Many paints and varnishes for either Industrial or Decorative applications are manufactured using Polyurethanes to add resilience to the finished product.
- Flexible Plastics for straps and bands or in fabrics to produce fibres that offer extreme flexibility.
These are just a few of the applications that we can help you with, if you can’t see what you are looking for, please call us on + 44 (0) 1291 422747 and one of our technical team can help you.
What are Polyisocyanates?
The highly reactive isocyanate groups available within Polyisocyanates are used in conjunction with Polyols to produce a wide range of thermoset plastics known as Polyurethanes. The number of isocyanate groups and the length of the associated hydrocarbon chain, along with the specific polyol used, will affect both the reaction rate and the finished properties of the polyurethane produced. Isocyanates can be modified by reaction with amines or themselves to produce biurets and trimers, which add further properties to Polyurethanes produced from them. Isocyanates will also react with water to produce CO2, which can be used to create a foam within a Polyurethane formulation. Common polyisocyanates include MDI (Methylene Diphenyl Diisocyanate), TDI (Toluene Diisocyanate), and HDI (Hexamethylene Diisocyanate).
Contact Us for Information and Samples
Please call us on + 44 (0) 1291 422747 or contact us for more information.
All products supplied by MegaChem (UK) Ltd comply fully with REACH and CLP legislation.